Who can be in this research study?
- Patients who have lost more than 30% of their blood volume and are in shock
- Patients who are at least 18 years old
- Patients who have severe injuries
Who will not be in this research study?
- Women who are obviously pregnant
- Patients who require CPR to maintain their heartbeat
- Patients who are known and have proof of objection to blood transfusions
- Patients who are wearing a bracelet or necklace stating “NO COMBAT STUDY”
- Patients who have a family member at the scene who object to enrollment to the paramedics